Tuesday 19 July 2016

Folk Art Milk Paint by Plaid

 When I looked at the beautiful little pots of Folk Art Milk Paint which I received yesterday, I knew I had something I wanted to upcycle using it. I had an old wooden egg box, which had seen better days, out among the geraniums and fuchsias in my summer house so I cleaned it up and got started.

I used Blue Belle Milk Paint on the exterior and Sheepskin Chalk Paint on the interior. 
The Milk Paint has a lovely flat finish (obviously without the limey effect of the Chalk Paint) and was very easy to apply.
I used the Milk Paint Brush to apply the Blue Belle and then used a finer brush to paint a simple little chicken at the top with Shaker Red and Farmhouse Ochre.

This is what the egg box looked like before I painted it.

I took the "before" photo on top of some lily leaves in my garden  - so here are the blooms as well :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth