Monday 25 July 2016

Thank You card

 Good morning. I made this card over the weekend for a nurse who stayed with my mother (and us) for almost two hours beyond his shift to make sure that she was ok and her details would be passed over correctly to the doctor and ambulance crew who were called to take her to hospital on Friday night. I thought he would like this as he has recently got a bike.
Thankfully, after some treatment and an overnight stay in hospital, mum is now back in the care home where she has been since breaking her ankle last year. 
I used Trimcraft's Simply Creative "My Guy" papers and Trimcraft dies.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Ruth love the shape of the front step
    hope your mum is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Ruth.. any chance of a tutorial on how you made the basic shape? XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - it's an adaptation of this - http://apassionforcards.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/entangled-strip-big-day-tutorial-tonic.html
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  3. Ruth - I love this card! Can you share how you made it- the scoring and paper sizes, etc.- or if you learned it elsewhere a link to a tutorial or instructions? Thanks so much! khasheck at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - it's an adaptation of this - http://apassionforcards.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/entangled-strip-big-day-tutorial-tonic.html
      Hope that helps

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the patterned paper and the fold is so unusual. Is there a link anywhere for this fold? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. It's an adaptation of this - http://apassionforcards.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/entangled-strip-big-day-tutorial-tonic.html
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, Ruth. I made my own card with this fun fold and posted it today on my blog here: http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/2016/07/pin-sights-guest-artist-challenge.html (P.S. I wish I could subscribe to your blog- could you add that option or am I missing it?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth